Hell and the ethics of God

128 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

#1 blane625

blane625

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 24 August 2007 - 01:33 AM

If God is all-benevolent and omniscient and all-good, why would he punish those who misbehave on Earth by torturing them for eternity in Hell?

True, Satan rules over Hell, but God, being all-good, certainly would not let his children suffer for eternity, would he?

#2 PsychoBaBas

PsychoBaBas

ZSMJ Medusa

• Advanced Member

Posted 24 August 2007 - 01:41 AM

Wake up, there is no god.

Weren't you the one who posted that "girlfriend problem" thread? Looks like you are getting the bad influence.

NO GOD. JUST FLESH.

#3 boxer_micro

boxer_micro

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 24 August 2007 - 01:45 AM

Allah Akbar!=))))

BTW Why parents punish his child if they loved them more then life?

#4 IdrA

IdrA

REPORTED!

• Advanced Member

Posted 24 August 2007 - 02:02 AM

bad example, parents punish children so they can learn not to do whatever they were punished for and become better people. hard to right your wrongs when you're in hell for all eternity.

#5 blane625

blane625

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 24 August 2007 - 02:06 AM

Yes, I know there is no God, I just like posting rhetorical questions.

#6 xylol

xylol

Repick Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 24 August 2007 - 02:15 AM

EDIT: #0 the problem you posted is a big discussed and all over the world known problem which is called "theodicy-question" (my english is bad, so excuse errors pls)

#2 you mean Allah'u akbar ? right? :-)

my religion teacher said there is no satan and no hell. we must believe in the salvation and the sacrament of shrift. ---> easy way to go not to hell, if there is one.

Lets say i believe in god. I live happy life knowing god is waiting for me in heaven. BAAAM i die and there is no god. But im dead then, so that i cannot worry anymore.

Lets say i believe in god. I live happy life knowing god is waiting for me in heaven. BAAM i die and there is a god. I will live in heaven.

Lets say i dont believe in god. I have a happy life knowing that there wont be anything after it and i enjoy every single second of it. BAAAM i die and there is no god.

Lets say i dont believe in god. I have a happy life knowing that there wont be anything after it and i enjoy every single second of it. BAAM i die and there is a god. what a happy sursprise, i will live in heaven.

We have a WIN WIN WIN WIN situation but it seems that nobody realize this...

btw. can god make a burito as hot that even he cannot eat it? (yah i know, it is from simpsons)

btw2. my paretns are (and in my documents me2) Roman Catholic

hope i could help

#7 inco

inco

Akke Chen

• Advanced Member

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:10 AM

#5 Your teacher is nothing but incompetent. He can never have read the Bible.

As for the ethics. God is both a father and a judge. If someone's son performed a crime and his father became the judge of his case, his father would have to send him to jail, no matter how much he loves him. It's justice.

Same goes for God.

#8 get.whistler

get.whistler

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:19 AM

._.

#9 inco

inco

Akke Chen

• Advanced Member

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:25 AM