• Please log in to reply

#1 Mazor

Mazor

OVER NINE THOUSAND

• Advanced Member

Posted 29 June 2007 - 03:28 PM

Posted Image

http://www.savenetradio.org/

"The future of Internet radio is in immediate danger. Royalty rates for webcasters have been drastically increased by a recent ruling and are due to go into effect on July 15 (retroactive to Jan 1, 2006!). Webcasters across the country participated in a national Day of Silence this week to increase awareness about this looming threat and gather support for the SaveNetRadio collation and our campaign to preserve music diversity on-line. The Internet Radio Equality Act is currently being considered by both the House and the Senate. This bill will set royalty rates for Internet radio equal to the royalty rate paid by satellite radio, and has gained over 120 cosponsors in the House.

Internet radio needs your help to survive. We need you to pressure your representatives in Congress to take action. Please take a moment to call your Congressional representatives in the House and Senate to ask them to co-sponsor the Internet Radio Equality Act. Making your voice heard will go a long way to helping preserve the Internet radio industry. Time is running short, so please call your representatives today. "

It's really a needed campaign. And yes, this is advertisement because if this doesnt change, www.di.fm will die and we wouldn't want that to happen would we? Gogogo http://www.savenetradio.org/

#2 LML

LML

Senior Moderation

• Advanced Member

Posted 29 June 2007 - 03:40 PM

wtf is www.di.fm ?! >.<

as long as mohradio.com wont die ;ppp

anyways I dont rly get it, with the representive in the house thingy o.O '

#3 Ryp

Ryp

Hex0r PotM

• Advanced Member

Posted 29 June 2007 - 04:55 PM

is this world wide or just crappy USA ?

#4 wo0py

wo0py

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 29 June 2007 - 05:07 PM

And actually why would we want internet radio to exist? Most cellphones have FM reciever these days.. And i think it isnt needed at all :S..

I only listen to online radios who actually are the same as on the fm radio..

#5 p4ge

p4ge

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 29 June 2007 - 05:14 PM

becuase internet radio pwns for a lot of people, and a lot of aspiring artists use it, it just doesn't seem fair.

#6 mad_alabama

mad_alabama

Repick Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 29 June 2007 - 06:18 PM

2007-06-29 17:55:47, Ryp wrote:
is this world wide or just crappy USA ?

No simply because the best .fm radios i know r US based....

for example soma.fm

btw retroactive laws weren't done even by the F****** communists...
no words

#7 LML

LML

Senior Moderation

• Advanced Member

Posted 29 June 2007 - 06:48 PM

And actually why would we want internet radio to exist? Most cellphones have FM reciever these days.. And i think it isnt needed at all :S..

I only listen to online radios who actually are the same as on the fm radio..

stop talking shit man.
maybe in NL hardcore is on normal radio, but not in germany, and I LOVE to listen to hardcore all day. so I listen to the mohradio, to hear some oldschool+newschool, and not only my cd's and mp3's I've got.
also, even when they would bring hardcore on normal radio in germany, I wouldnt turn on my normal radio, since I use my headset when I am on the computer.
even so I dont have such a cellphone, which that I can hear radio (my cellphone doesnt even work anymore>.<)

what u wrote does only count for YOU not to evry1 ...