sc2 is more like wc3?? or its just

34 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

#1 aimaimaim

aimaimaim

Dendi Pudge

• Advanced Member

Posted 24 June 2007 - 12:21 PM

well we all know about wc3 having tons of skills.. yeah SKILLS.. the things you cast so that your units will be.. useful.. now..

we all know that in bw, we concentrate more on the macro.

will that kind of game play be as it is on sc2? or im just speculating crap?

also, the new units.. for me, the units on bw are just ok, but when they added units.. specially those units with skills, would that mean, to play sc2 like a pro would take more time than sc1? or im just exaggerating shit?

to sum-up every crap i said above.. ill do math..

in sc:bw - (small to medium)micro+(large)macro=gosu

now in sc2 - (large)micro+(large)macro=gosu

because in wc3, you need to have more micro skill and very little macro.. its because i saw a replay when 4 dryads kill 3 aboms .. if you know what i mean..

#2 SouL)Z(JomaR

SouL)Z(JomaR

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 24 June 2007 - 12:38 PM

no... the whole point is to keep the significance of macro, while making micro important as well past 8 minutes

instead of the typical early game control, and then just take bases and out mass ftw type games.. stop crying starcraft and warcraft are complete different games and they intend to keep it that way

and we just seen the protoss, they are known as a race strong for their psionic abilities, which would make sense why they got many skills.. that does not mean terran and zerg will have as many skills, terran will just be sheer firepower and zerg will come in swarms.. and blizzard already said sc2 will be more newbie-friendly as towards learning, but also shows difference of skill more noticeably

#3 Get.Shiney

Get.Shiney

Dendi Pudge

• Advanced Member

Posted 24 June 2007 - 01:19 PM

xD theres no micro in TFT, well there is some, only in dota. I just found tft is all about that who can produce more one of a kind units in short time and then go and farm/lvl your hero up.
I think SC2 is like BW, but is going to be slower paced game. And I agree with #1 about the race "look" and in wich way they develope.

#4 aimaimaim

aimaimaim

Dendi Pudge

• Advanced Member

Posted 24 June 2007 - 02:19 PM

#2.. you clearly don't know why there is only a 100 food cap on TFT.. and dota are for.. nvrm.. you figure that 1 out..

#1 yeah well like i said, its more like they got something out of wc3 which is to enhance more micro.. wc2 was more like sc:bw too me, more on macro and very less miro so yeah like i said they got something out of wc3.. also, sc on its first day for me was rather newbie-friendly... ^^ cuz i played wc2 a lot when sc1 came ^^.. i was like on 3rd grade back then.. hehe

#5 2eZ.Nevermind

2eZ.Nevermind

Repick Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 24 June 2007 - 02:23 PM

2007-06-24 15:19:02, fOr.Shiney wrote:
xD theres no micro in TFT, well there is some, only in dota. I just found tft is all about that who can produce more one of a kind units in short time and then go and farm/lvl your hero up.
I think SC2 is like BW, but is going to be slower paced game. And I agree with #1 about the race "look" and in wich way they develope.

yea man tft is no micro at all LOOK AT GRUBBY or Moon they just don't micro a single shit dota takes a lot more skill and sc is wc3 in space that means is crap too.

------

ORLY?

#6 2eZ.Nevermind

2eZ.Nevermind

Repick Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 24 June 2007 - 02:27 PM

wc3 is very, very micro intensive at any point of the game, the game was made to be like that and after 4 years playing the tft im pretty sure what about what i said, on the midd-high lev ur forced to outmicro ur opponent.

But i also play brood war (i actually enjoy brood war more than wc3) and the micro on late game, (koreans are not included on this group) is a macro whoring fest, u dont even need to spawm the right units, u just spawn a shitload, sometimes frustrastes me, sometimes i have a lot of fun massing zerlings.

#7 aimaimaim

aimaimaim

Dendi Pudge

• Advanced Member

Posted 24 June 2007 - 02:38 PM

#4-5 wc3 as you say you need to out-micro you opponent. i don't think that grubby is using micro at all XD
also you said on massing on lings.. yeah those are fun macro, and you don't have it on wc3..

#8 MaTTeX

MaTTeX

Dendi Pudge

• Advanced Member

Posted 24 June 2007 - 02:44 PM

2007-06-24 15:19:02, fOr.Shiney wrote:

Did u actually ever played wc3?

#9 piyade

piyade

Dendi Pudge

• Advanced Member

Posted 24 June 2007 - 02:45 PM

2007-06-24 16:27:57, 2eZ.Nevermind wrote:
wc3 is very, very micro intensive at any point of the game, the game was made to be like that and after 4 years playing the tft im pretty sure what about what i said, on the midd-high lev ur forced to outmicro ur opponent.

But i also play brood war (i actually enjoy brood war more than wc3) and the micro on late game, (koreans are not included on this group) is a macro whoring fest, u dont even need to spawm the right units, u just spawn a shitload, sometimes frustrastes me, sometimes i have a lot of fun massing zerlings.

i am a complete ignorant for wc3 dota etc so no comments on what u have said for those games... but i have some ideas about sc and man pls come on we are talking about the best rts ever and u r saying pump any units in a macro fest... think about it again plsplspls...

#10 aimaimaim

aimaimaim

Dendi Pudge

• Advanced Member

Posted 24 June 2007 - 03:03 PM

dota are team play. even if you micro your hero like hell, if its 3 vs 1. your pretty much p4wnd.