Valve Needs To Help Indonesia

57 replies to this topic
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked

#1 DK.aaronalliance

DK.aaronalliance

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:46 AM

Guys, does anyone knows how to send a message to valve regarding to this problem?

The problem:

Garena, a Singaporean gaming company, by using their agents in Indonesia, is currently invading internet cafes and internet gaming center across Indonesia, especially in big cities. Few days ago, I went to my favorite internet cafe, I saw people wearing Garena T-Shirts talking to the operator of the internet cafe. You know what? At first, I don't really care what they're talking about, but something irritating happened just yesterday: DotA 2 has been uninstalled from all PCs in my favorite internet cafe. I asked the operator about what the fuck actually happen, he doesn't dare to tell me as his boss (the owner) told him to keep this secret, but since we know each other, I finally convinced him to tell the truth, he said "our internet cafe has now turned into one of Garena gaming center in Indonesia, they paid us with a deal that we should delete DotA 2 and even WC3 DotA from all PCs". Holy shit, they are promoting LoL in Indonesia with such dirty way. Garena has started Indonesian LoL server for one year, but they fail to attract online gamers in Indonesia, most of our online gamers play DotA 2 and WC3 DotA, this lead to Garena dirty invasion. The worse thing is, this is not only happening in my favorite internet cafe, this is happening in all famous internet cafes in every big cities which has large number of DotA players. If this shit continues, DotA 2 may die in Indonesia, I can ensure you that we (Indonesian dota players) play big roles for DotA 2 community, we are active in dota2lounge trading and bets, and we have large number of pub players.

I may be the first person who initiate a fight for this. Guys, please tell me how to send message to Valve, I'm really hoping for their concern. Garena wants to kill "DotA community" in Indonesia, my friends are starting to play LoL, I don't want Garena to be successful in erasing DotA 2 in Indonesia.

#2 BrewmasterPlayer

BrewmasterPlayer

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:53 AM

LoL sucks, yeah volvo should help you

#3 dummy

dummy

Random Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:55 AM

IT MEANS , WAR !!!! 

#4 vashistamped

vashistamped

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:56 AM

How about go buy youself a PC? That pretty much solves your problem. 

#5 DK.aaronalliance

DK.aaronalliance

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:59 AM

How about go buy youself a PC? That pretty much solves your problem. 

It is really different for me, I have a lot of good friends in my internet cafe, playing together side by side with my friends is a kind of happiness for me, I believe many feel the same

Edited by DK.aaronalliance, 01 May 2014 - 12:00 PM.

#6 fml

fml

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:01 PM

same shit happened in vietnam. They even used dota2 poster to promote LOL

#7 Timah

Timah

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:02 PM

It is really different for me, I have a lot of good friends in my internet cafe, playing together side by side with my friends is a kind of happiness for me, I believe many feel the same

dude, just an advice, play from your own PC/laptop and tell your friends to do the same. if you want to have "LAN party" then do it in one of your friends' home. internet cafe era is long gone. move on.

and another advice, i dont know how old are you, but when you already have a job/business, you would soon realize that friends aren't as important as they used to. people would become selfish, have no time to socialize with you, friends clash each other because of money issues, they get married and move into another city, etc. etc., so one day don't get upset if they don't "play" in internet cafe with you anymore. you must be prepared for this or you would get upset like i used to many2 years ago.

rather than wasting time playing in internet cafes with your friends, go tell them to play in their own home. by doing this, you would spend less time playing dota (because you don't have to waste time moving from your home to internet cafe just to play dota) and have more time being productive on your school/work everyday. the point is, prioritize yourself over your friends, because they would also do this thing sooner or later. reality check comes knocking when your parents stop supporting you and it will say hello to your friends too.

Edited by Timah, 01 May 2014 - 12:09 PM.

#8 DK.aaronalliance

DK.aaronalliance

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:03 PM

same shit happened in vietnam. They even used dota2 poster to promote LOL

Man, Garena sucks, they are invading SEA at the moment

#9 fml

fml

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:04 PM

double post!

Edited by fml, 01 May 2014 - 12:04 PM.

#10 DK.aaronalliance

DK.aaronalliance

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:04 PM

dude, just a suggestion, play from your own PC/laptop and tell your friends to do the same. if you want to have "LAN party" then do it in one of your friends' home. internet cafes era is long gone. move on.

Bro, not all my friends have good enough PC or laptop to play dota2, some of them cant afford to buy it