OWDraft -A tool for ban/pick drafts by GosuGamers - GosuGamers Forums

OWDraft -A tool for ban/pick drafts by GosuGamers

OWDraft- A tool for ban/pick drafts by GosuGamers

OWDraft is a tool developed by GosuGamers to help Overwatch tournament organizers, casters and players in team drafting for their event or casual training game. 

You can find it on its dedicated website - http://owdraft.com/

How to use the tool:
  1. Start by clicking the “Create Draft Session” button at the center of the page.
  2. Type in the team and tournament names and choose your map selection and starting team preference. 
  3. You are now ready to start the the drafting session. Simply give the corresponding links to the team captains and observers.
  4. Enjoy your game!

This is a free draft tool for all Overwatch players. Use it freely and give it to your friends to make your matches, tournaments or just play around. This is an external web-based tool that is not related to or developed by Blizzard Entertainment.

Feel free to share your feedback, suggestions and questions about OW Draft here.
Please log in to post a reply. You can create an account if you do not have one.
  • Vote Up2Vote Down
    c4llmeco4ch c4llmeco4ch   at 14 February 2016 19:09
    In order to force teams to learn more maps and have a diverse pool of maps teams must be comfortable with, would it make sense to instead of having drafts begin at the beginning of every game, have all the maps chosen at the beginning of the match similar to how SC drafting works? In a Bo3, for example, teams ban all but 3 maps and those maps are then ordered by the teams, forcing teams to choose not only which maps to play but also think more heavily about when they should try to play which maps. Just a thought, the tool looks nice.
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      Joiyt Joiyt   at 28 February 2016 20:48
      Also so we don't deal with map pick after EVERY. FREAKIN. MAP.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    CyanSky CyanSky   at 21 May 2016 14:45
    One thing though, Class ban draft idea.

For each class has it's own OP statement such as bastion.

So if player 1 on team 1 wants to ban the other team from bastion, then they select bastion.
    Then the draft is handed to team 2.
    Player 1, team 2 is to select another class. For example, player 1 selects Mei.
    Then it's back to team 1.
    These classes are banned from each team from using.

After this stage, the rest of the players ban classes for each other.
    So, both players from here on get to select 3 other classes to be banned.
    Player 3, team 1 selects Mc Cree, Tracer and Dva to be banned from the other player to select.
    Then Player 3, team 2 selects junkrat, Genji and Hanzo to be banned from player 3, team 1.

It's now team 1. Player 4's turn. He can select Junkrat, genji and hanzo but can also ban 3 classes from player 4, team 2.
    And same for team 2's player 4.
    And the cycle repeats from this point.

The reason I suggest this is because there's 21 classes to be chosen. And since we have 6v6 teams, 9 classes must be in the safe zone from ban.
    I want the draft to have a variety of classes to choose from but without limiting it to 6 classes each. Although other games use drafting sessions to ban each others classes for the entire team to select, it does force everyone to pick one of the same class. What if they aren't good at that class? Plus if the line up is the same as the opposite team... For example.
    Team 1 has Genji, Dva, Tracer, Junkrat, Reinhardt and Mercy.
    Team 2 would also be FORCED to have the same setup.

Although this is most commonly used. I believe blizzard has also made the class diversity meant to be there for everyone.

At least 9 classes are selectable. A spare of 3 classes.

But if this doesn't seem to work, Then I'd say just go for the regular draft style. Ban classes until 6 remain.

The other idea I had is, Player 1 on both teams select 3 classes to be spared from the other players bans. These are the needed and essential classes such as support, and tank.
    But there should be a general rule as BASTION can NOT be SPARED.
    He's OP enough. Let the drafting ban him.

Then the rest of the players on both teams cannot draft these classes as they are needed for the teams success or failure.

Team matchup in this scenario
    Spared Classes : Mercy, Zenyatta, and Lucio.
    Banned Classes : Bastion, Mei, Hanzo, Mc Cree, WidowMaker, Symmetra.
    Team 1 : Mercy, Lucio, Tracer, Torbjorn, Zarya, Phara.
    Team 2 : Zenyatta, Reinhardt, D.VA, Roadhog, Genji, Winston.

So yeah, with both ideas, There still is class diversity and team work with counters.
    The problem with class drafting is that diversity of classes. if only 6 classes remained, What freedom will we have?
    It also might be better to only have 6 classes remaining. But if a player isn't good at that class and it's his only option, that will also effect the team. So if there was class diversity, his Team can AVOID the issue of a bad game because of the draft.

Anyways, if you took your time to read it, thank you and I hope your ideas can refine mine. Hopefully class drafting won't get my fav classes banned but it is needed in competitive. A Mei and Bastion is just too much for another team to handle as well.
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      Soltrix Soltrix   at 09 June 2016 01:38
      Honestly think that 1 hero per team is enough limitation when it comes to picks. this is still an FPS game even if its class based, if we're going to start banning picks (none of which are "super overpowered") I feel that the pro scene will not be as fun / good. nothing in this game is broken, being able to change hero during the game makes compositions change during games, further limitations than 1 hero per team is, personally, over the top.
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      LatencyZT LatencyZT   at 21 June 2016 07:14
      Been looking around a lot but haven't been able to figure it out. Where is the setting that disables Capture Point/Assault maps? (Volskaya, Hanamura, Anubis) I've noticed that during drafts on the Weekly stream, these maps don't even appear on the list as possible bans.
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      Shardan Shardan   at 10 January 2017 14:11
      Adding Oasis to the map pool would be cool.
      • Vote Up0Vote Down
        SikeS SikeS   at 13 April 2017 01:08
        so cool
        • Vote Up0Vote Down
          adisitorus12 adisitorus12   at 01 May 2017 07:33
          ty for information :)
          • Vote Up0Vote Down
            Vanilor Vanilor   at 05 May 2017 10:03
            Hello!
            I love the tool. It helps a lot when we are doing our community tournaments.
            A few suggestions for features:
            Choosing between types of map drafts. One choice being pure bans like it is now. Another option as Overwatch tourneys have gone away from the pure ban system for the most part at least.
            A pick/ban system: Team A bans 1 map team B bans 1 map, team A bans 1 map, team B bans 1 map, team A picks one, team B picks one, etc.
            Could maybe be editable at creation as in which order picks and bans are done.
            Choosable format: Bo3/Bo5/Bo7
            Limiting mappools.
            Greetings!
            • Vote Up0Vote Down
              Hanhan0806 Hanhan0806   at 30 May 2017 07:33
              why i press the button" Begin Drafting" and doesn't get any respond?
              • Vote Up0Vote Down
                chronosxddd chronosxddd   at 12 November 2017 13:38
                Can you add junkertown to map seed ? Thanks
              • Vote Up0Vote Down
                Gostkowsky Gostkowsky   at 17 November 2017 17:52
                When it start?
                Please log in to post a reply. You can create an account if you do not have one.