Team Liquid and Newbee kick off the Majors with ESL One Hamburg direct invites
picture courtesy of Valve
ESL One’s announcement also includes the two team rosters and it represents the first official confirmation for Team Liquid’s line-up for the new competitive season. As anticipated by everyone, the TI7 Champions are not doing any change to their team and with both them and Newebee sticking together, ESL One Hamburg has the potential of being the first event of the season where we could witness a TI7 grand finals rematch.
ESL One Hamburg will take place this coming October, 28-29 and it’s the first Major of the season. A total of eight teams will play on the Barclaycard Arena for a share of the hefty one million dollars prize pool and precious qualifier points towards The International 2018.
Team Liquid and Newbee will be joined at ESL One Hamburg by six other qualified teams, one from each region as follows: North America, South America, Europe, CIS, China, and Southeast Asia. The open qualifiers are scheduled to commence on the 16th September, followed on the 21st of September, by closed qualifiers.
ESL One Hamburg qualifiers general information:
EU, NA, SEA, CIS and SA Qualifiers
Open Qualifiers: September 16-17
- Up to 512 teams
- Single elimination, best of one (except for the last round, which is best of three)
- 4 teams qualify for the closed qualifier
- EU sign up HERE
- NA sign up HERE
- SEA sign up HERE
- CIS sign up HERE
- SA sign up HERE
Closed Qualifiers: September 21-24
- 12 teams in total
- Single elimination, best of three (except for the grand final, which is best of five)
- 8 teams directly invited (teams will be contacted about closed qualifier invites within a few days)
- 4 teams qualify through open qualifiers
- The top 4 teams have a free win in round 1
Open Qualifier: September 15-16
- Day 1: single elimination best of one before Ro32
- Day 2: single elimination best of three till the end (from Ro32 to the top 4 left)
Closed Qualifier: September 18-20
- Day 1: lower 4 seed teams play against the top 4 from the open qualifier (4 best of three's)
- Day 2: top 8 to top 4 (4 best of three's)
- Day 3: semi-finals (best of three) and grand final (best of five)
Are you hyped for a possible Team Liquid vs Newbee TI7 grand finals rematch?
Thank you for voting!
Thank you for voting!