The Manila Major 2016
Four qualifiers based on regions
- 10 teams in each
-- 8 invited, 2 from open qualifier
---- 2 groups of 5 teams, best of 2
---- top2 of each group move on to double elimination bracket
China Qualifier - April 29 - May 2
Americas Qualifier - April 29 - May 2
SEA Qualifier - April 29 - May 2
Europe Qualifier - April 29 - May 2
16 teams divided in four groups of four teams each and played in a double-elimination format
- Top two teams in each group advance to the upper bracket of the Main Event.
- Bottom two teams in each group advance to the lower bracket of the Main Event.
- 12 invited :
- 4 regional qualifiers winners / 1 from each region :
The Main Event will take place at Mall of Asia Arena in Manila, Philippines.
- 16 teams in a double-elimination bracket.
- All matches from Winner Bracket are best-of-three
- First round of Loser Bracket is best-of-one then all other matches are best-of-three.
- Grand Finals is best-of-five with no game advantage.
Albums - The Manila Major 2016
Features - The Manila Major 2016
GosuGamers ran into SirActionSlacks at the Manila Major and got his feelings on the tournament as well as his predictions for the finals.
News for The Manila Major 2016
The final day of the Manila Major started with the lower bracket final match-up where the winner will go through to face OG later today.
OG took down Newbee in the upper bracket finals of Manila Major and secured themselves another appearance in a Major grand final.