"No sorcery lies beyond my grasp."
Radiant Intelligence Hero. Attribute info
6 + 1.7
16 + 1.6
21 + 2.9
Movement Speed: 290
Sight Range: 1800/800
Attack Range: 625
Missile Speed: 900
Attack Duration: 0.55+0
Cast Duration: 0.3+2.4
Base Attack Time: 1.7
Any mage can cast a spell or two, and a few may even study long enough to become a wizard, but only the most talented are allowed to be recognized as a Magus. Yet as with any sorcerer’s circle, a sense of community has never guaranteed competitive courtesy.
Already a renowned duelist and scholar of the grander world of sorcery, it had never occurred to Rubick that he might perhaps be Magus material until he was in the midst of his seventh assassination attempt. As he casually tossed the twelfth of a string of would-be killers from a high balcony, it dawned on him how utterly unimaginative the attempts on his life had become. Where once the interruption of a fingersnap or firehand might have put a cheerful spring in his step, it had all become so very predictable. He craved greater competition. Therefore, donning his combat mask, he did what any wizard seeking to ascend the ranks would do: he announced his intention to kill a Magus.
Rubick quickly discovered that to threaten one Magus is to threaten them all, and they fell upon him in force. Each antagonist's spell was an unstoppable torrent of energy, and every attack a calculated killing blow. But very soon something occurred that Rubick's foes found unexpected: their arts appeared to turn against them. Inside the magic maelstrom, Rubick chuckled, subtly reading and replicating the powers of one in order to cast it against another, sowing chaos among those who had allied against him. Accusations of betrayal began to fly, and soon the sorcerers turned one upon another without suspecting who was behind their undoing.
When the battle finally drew to a close, all were singed and frozen, soaked and cut and pierced. More than one lay dead by an ally’s craft. Rubick stood apart, sore but delighted in the week’s festivities. None had the strength to argue when he presented his petition of assumption to the Hidden Council, and the Insubstantial Eleven agreed as one to grant him the title of Grand Magus.
Rubick uses his telekinetic powers to lift the enemy into the air briefly and then hurls them back at the ground. The unit lands on the ground with such force that it stuns nearby enemies.
Lift duration: 1.5/1.75/2/2.25
Stun duration: 1/1.25/1.5/1.75
* While the target is in the air, Rubick may use a secondary ability to throw the enemy in a targeted direction.
* The landing happens only when the lift is over.
* The stun happening on landing doesn't affect the lifted unit.
* Specifying the target's landing location forces Rubick to turn and look at the target for less than a second.
* If you click more than 375 distance away from the unit being lifted, it will land 375 distance away.
* Any nearby trees will be destroyed upon landing.
Telekinesis Land: Chooses the location the target will land when Telekinesis finishes.
Rubick creates a powerful stream of arcane energy that travels between enemy units, dealing damage and reducing their attack damage.
Attack damage decrease:
14/20/26/32 (7/10/13/16 for creeps)
Damage type: Magical
Blocked by Linken's Sphere: If Linken's holder is a secondary target, the damage is blocked, but the damage reduction and the spell's bounce are not blocked.
* Bounces to all enemies in range, and each bounce reduces the damage it deals by 4%.
Rubick's mastery of the arcane protects his allies against weaker magics, granting them magic resistance.
Bonus magic resistance: 5%/10%/15%/20%
* This effect stacks with magic resistance abilities and items.
Spell Steal (Ultimate)
3. Pros and cons
Rubick studies the trace magical essence of one enemy hero, learning the secrets of the last spell the hero cast. Rubick can use this spell as his own for several minutes or until he dies.
Duration: 3/4/5 minutes
Can be improved by Aghanim's Scepter: Stolen spell receives Aghanim's Scepter upgrade.
* Cannot steal passive abilities, item abilities, summon abilities, or creep abilities. (However Rubick can steal creep abilities cast by Doom Bringer via Devour.)
* Can steal auto-cast abilities, can steal toggle abilities, Cannot steal Quas, Wex, Exort, or Invoke.
* If a spell has an associated scaling effect (like the souls for Requiem of Souls), Rubick steals a static copy of that scaling effect.
* Certain long cooldown spells can be quickly re-stolen for an instant cooldown reset, like the Elder Dragon Form.
* Certain spells are casted much faster by Rubick, like Fissure and Blink.